MYOMECTOMY SURGERY AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT
Myomectomy surgery is a type of procedure used to get rid of uterine fibroids. Uterine fibroids can cause some unusual symptoms that are uncomfortable to patients. A myomectomy surgery might be needed in case you are experiencing these types of symptoms:
- Periods with heavy bleeding
- İrregular periods
- Frequent need of urination
- Pain in the pelvic region
Myomectomy surgery has many types, the type of the procedure is chosen by your doctor. A myomectomy surgery has three types:
- Abdominal myomectomy: with an abdominal myomectomy the surgeon will remove your fibroids through an open surgical cut made in the patients lower belly.
- Laproscopic myomectomy: with a laproscopic myomectomy the surgeon will remove your fibroids through several small incisions. Recovery is also faster with this type of myomectomy surgery.
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy: a special scope is used by the surgeon to remove the fibroids from the cervix and and vaginal area.
İt is best to talk to your doctor about which myomectomy surgery is appropriate for you, it changes according to many factors for example wanting to have children in the future or not. The type of myomectomy surgery is also determined by the size and location of your fibroids.
Some questions most of our patients ask is; will a myomectomy surgery affect the chance of me getting pregnant in the future?
Our Dr. Ali Ekiz is here to answer your question!
The chance of getting pregnant depends on the type of uterine fibroids and also the size of them. A myomectomy surgery has a chance to weaken your uterus, so the chance of uterus tears happening during your pregnancy or labor is high.
After a myomectomy surgery our doctor usually recommends having a ceserean delivery, due to it being easier for the mother and causing less complications during birth.
Before deciding on anything make sure to talk to a specialist doctor, our doctor Ali Ekiz is here to answer any questions you might have. For more information make sure you schedule an appointment with us, with a great team and a translator here for your assitance we help you make a decision for the health of your future!